Sunday, July 13, 2008

Houses and a Little Dancing Tag

I am very blessed to have stamping friends who like to make swaps. These houses are for a swap - I made 7 different houses and will receive houses made by each of the other people in the swap - so fun.
I used more Darkroom Door stamps and photobooth ladies, the little flowers are 3D popped off the page, with KaiserCraft bling in the centers, and the initials are covered in dome bubbles and popped off the page too - hope they survive in the postal system. I also used some POD stamps and the letterbox from Just for Fun. The papers are from WeRMemoryKeepers.
On Saturday I went to the Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson with my stamping buddy Lianne - we had fun cruising around the booths and checking out all sorts of stamps and stamp related tools. Too much fun! One of the best things about the convention is seeing demos by talented stampers like Teesha and Tracy Moore of Zettiology. We had fun watching Tim Holtz in action at the Stampers Anonymous booth - he is SO creative, very fearless with ink, stamps and paint, told funny stories too :) He made this cool tag (below) and even signed the back of it for me - thanks Tim!
So now we head into another week, lots of early starts for me, but that means getting home earlier too - gotta count those blessings! I have a quilting class and will be starting a 'Soul Collage' group with a neighbor - more on that soon. The swaps will go out in the mail to Ohio, where the hostess will sort them and mail them back out - so you just know I'm looking forward to postal goodness in my mailbox in the next couple of weeks :) Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Love your houses Sue!! You're lucky to live so close to the convention... would be great to see Tim again, esp with those new stamps!!

    Oh, and check out the DD Blog - I've announced a swap! I hope you'll join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little houses are very cute. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute houses! Thanks for the inspiration, I have to create 3 house twinchies for a swap...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your house are just goregous! Love 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, those houses are fab! And I'm glad you posted Tim's tag so I can drool over it some more. I love watching him in action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those houses are amazing. So sad I didn't make the trek to the convention, will have to go next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the great houses..so very clever. The stamp convention sounds so cool...I bet you had an absolute blast. Love the great tag you got too. Just saw some of the new Tim stamps on his blog and I am liking quite a few. Did you make any purchases?? Looking forward to hearing more about your collage group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOSH those houses are just the sweetest! Reminds me of a felt row of houses I've been meaning to put together. The stamp convention sounds so cool. Lucky you to get Tim's tag, huh? Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful houses. Where do you get those photobooth ladies???

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great houses, Sue! As always your attention to detail is amazing. How cool is the Tim tag?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative Sue! Seem to see houses popping up all over at the moment! Love the colour choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!