Stamp Credits: Darkroom Door (flower, border, sentiment), Purple Onion Designs (postmark date), Stampin' Up! (circle background)
Today is my Mum's birthday - Happy Birthday Mum! Technically tomorrow is actually the day, but since Australia is so far ahead it's already tomorrow there, so I just had a nice chat with Mum on her special day. Just wish we were there to get together for a little celebration.
Since July is the coldest month in Australia we used to have an extra 'Christmas in July' and cook a huge roast Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. Generally on Christmas Day it's really hot and cold meals or BBQs are more the go, although I do remember Mum being a trooper and making the roast anyway - we would take a swim in the pool right before the meal to cool off :)
When it comes to cardmaking July is usually the month when savvy crafters get started on those holiday cards. I've made two so far :) Yes, advanced planning is really not my forte, but I'd love to make 10-20 cards a month each month now and get them done well ahead of the holiday season. Can I do it? Technically, yes. Will I do it? Probably not. Ah well. I love this funny surfing Santa stamp, sets the right mood for a summer Christmas celebration :)
Have a great week!
Have a great week!

Love the cards Sue!
ReplyDeleteOhhhh I love that flower stamp! Your choice of pretty blue is superb. Lovely creations.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your cards! Love the tone on tone floral card; and your Surfin' Santa is a hoot! What a clever use of the Cuttlebug embossing folder!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a cute Santa! Smart of you to get a headstart on Christmas this way. Happy BD to your mum. I bet you really miss her!
ReplyDeleteLovely birthday card and your Aussie Christmas card made me smile - love it!
ReplyDeleteyour cards are just beautiful - I especially love the blue one at the top. lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card! I'm certain your mom will appreciate it and please, pass on our "Happy Birthday!" wishes.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I've sent you email. Could you let me know that you've received it? Thanks.
Great cards! I've just caught up on your last several posts - I love the way you share parts of your life in the US! And your pieces for the Darkroom Door were beautiful. I really enjoyed looking at each of the series. You have a beautiful style.
ReplyDeleteFabulous cards! I love the Santa! He sure gave me a chuckle!
ReplyDeleteLovely blue tones on your mom's birthday card. I LOVE that border stamp!
ReplyDeleteI looove that santa card! Too funny!!
ReplyDelete