Friday, August 29, 2008

Messy, Inky, Scrappy

I do love that feeling evoked by paper scraps, inky fingers and doo dads all over the place, and that's just what happened when I was making these ATCs for the Darkroom Door swap. They have landed safely in Australia and I'm waiting for the return swaps to fly into my mailbox - love that feeling too, postal anticipation, delightful.In my little ATC factory I sponged ink on the Venice scene, picturing the city in summer at sunset, with cafes full of tourists and the air still warm. I haven't been to Venice yet, but on my last night in Rome I went to a little trattoria for dinner and the power went out, so I ended up having a candlelight dinner by the open window, sipping wine, watching the foot traffic and listening to Rome's rythm - could it be any better than that? I didn't think so, it was a great way for my trip to wind down.
Stamp Credits: Darkroom Door
Scallop/Oval Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Inks: Stampin' Up and Ranger Distress Inks


Locally we're getting ready for a long weekend - Labor Day - it heralds the end of summer and a return to school for the kiddos. In truth the weather is cooling off, but usually we experience another fierce burst of summer that lasts pretty much until late October/November, so the whole 'end of summer' thing is more symbolic than realistic around here over Labor Day.

Hope you have a fun weekend - any plans?

12 comments:

  1. The DTP you did on the focal image is brilliant! Love the layering and background image. Too kewl, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally there with you - inky fingers, stamps everywhere, colored pencils littering the desk. Creativity at its best and that is definitely what these ATCs are!! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the colors in this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these ATC's sue - thanks for taking part in the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sue! These ATCs are beautiful. Takes you right there. And I love your story about Rome, too. What a fabulous travel memory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun you must have had making these ATCs! I love the muted colors -- very vintage.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, these are gorgeous! Lucky swappers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing atc's! As always Sue your love of art and ink shines in your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Sue. Your evening in Rome sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, this is awesome. Definitely worth getting inky fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so lucky to receive one of these. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WONDERFUL Sue !!! I love the background !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!