Thursday, September 04, 2008

Buzzed

I'm buzzing around this week - the kiddos have gone back to school so there's lots of paperwork and organizational stuff floating around at home, they both got braces on yesterday, work is very busy - I'm a little worker bee at home and in the workplace - time to take some deep breaths and gather myself (LOL, can't even slow down enough for decent punctuation :) I woke up WAY too early thismorning and couldn't get back to sleep - I really hate to lose that precious last hour or two of sleep, what a waste! So whatevah - regroup, refocus, regenerate, I'll get there.
I made this card last week and had fun playing with some old stamps and some new. I love images of bees, although I'm deadly allergic to them - how weird is that? As usual I was obsessed with trying to capture the sparkle in the photo, so it's not the best pic of the card overall, but you get the general idea. I used stamps from Darkroom Door ('In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous' quote), Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz journal text on the spine of the card), A Stamp In The Hand (that cool bee), and Judikins (the honeycomb background). I was so tickled when the bee stamp fit PERFECTLY in the oval Nestabilities die - I'm easily pleased :) The fiber I've had for a few years now, I still love it, and metal beads from my stash for the ends of the fiber.

Enough crafty stuff - time to get everyone off to school and work - wish me luck!

16 comments:

  1. Just a gorgeous card Sue!
    Love it!

    I haven't been able to sleep in either... I keep getting up about 4am - anxiety ridden and making lists! This whole back to school thing gets me in a tizzy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and well photographed, Sue. I know what you mean about not being to photograph "sparkly" stuff. I struggle with it myself.

    My son got his bottom braces put in on Tuesday. He's had his top ones in for a little more than one month. Are your kids in pain? My son's teeth tend to hurt in the first two or three days, and then the pain goes away.

    Hope you can get through the day with lots of caffeine!! LOL! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the sparkle! I really do see the sparkle!
    lol
    I love bee stuff too. That stamp is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue this is absolutely stunning! I love it, the colors, image, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gals are killin' me with those nestabilities. I only ordered one.

    Beautiful card and I love the color combo on your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card and love how sparkly the wings are in contrast with the heavy colors of the card. A beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the mats & sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue! This card is beautiful! I also like bees - we kept bees when I was growing up. I love the glitter and sparkle in the bee's wings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card Sue (I love bees because of the connection with my name I guess!).

    I've just passed on a blogging award to you - no obligation "to play" but details are on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, that card is gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially the "sparkly" stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW! I love this card! It is gorgeous! I'm going back for another look. It is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, like the way all the colors and stamps have come together on this one.

    Photographing sparkly stuff is tricky but oh so worth adding sparkles to cards because it is the little touches like that, which make it special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohh- this is a gorgeous card Sue. The sparkle is a perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this little vintage bee I LOVE! Gorgeous card Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!