Friday, September 26, 2008

A Little Birdie

This card is for my MIL, she has a 'big' birthday next week :) I'm linking to Cammie's Blog because she's raising awareness for Alzheimers, and caregivers for people with Alzheimers, MIL is the latter. Cammie had a large give-away on her blog which I'm too late to enter, but I think the cause is worthwhile and her efforts are commendable.

I left the front as it is, with no greeting, because I don't want to put a large number on the front of the card, and in the end it seemed 'right' just the way it is. For myself I embrace aging, but I don't really want to see big numbers on my cards, I'm more about the whole life experience than a number, ya know? All the verbage is inside, rest assured there's plenty of it :)

As ever I can't capture the glitter in the photo, there's sparkly gold on the main image and the edge of the brown oval (Judikins 'Egyptian Gold' embossing powder - quite possibly the best gold glitter EP ever created), and some Kaisercraft rhinestone bling on the paper flowers. The Cuttlebugged background is shimmery pearlized paper, has to be seen to be believed - I love it - a treasured find from the Kalamunda markets. The bird stamp is by 'Inkadinkadoo' and was a gift from my summer Secret Sister, Kelly.My plan for this weekend? Farmer's Market tomorrow (picture oodles of fresh fruit and veg, arrayed in aisles of temptation and taste testing); walking along the Pacific ocean on Sunday (picture blue sky and blue ocean as far as the eye can see, with rolling green hills as a backdrop and cliffside golf-course trails in the foreground);
and inbetween - massive doses of laundry and housekeeping - c'mon, bet you were jealous until you got to the part after walking along the ocean :)

12 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the layout! I also loved the pictures of the fresh vegetables! I love the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - your MIL is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, your card turned out beautifully! She will love it! Great photo--we were at Balboa today and it was foggy and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sue! This card is just gorgeous. I like it just the way it is, too, with no numbers!
    The veggie pics are gorgeous, too! So vibrant!!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you're right. I was jealous til I got to the chores. :-) Makes me want to go walk on our beach, but of course it's not QUITE the same experience as a SoCal beach. Lovely card, Sue! Great stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice card and the veggie pics are great

    thanks for popping my my blog...aren't ya glad it's warming up? ;-)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love Farmer's Market? Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for visiting my blog!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun creative posts, don't those fresh colours just inspire you to want to do lots of wild things with colour.

    Nice work, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card, it's just wonderful. Love your photos too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Sue! I love the birthday card you made for your mother in law. It is beautiful. The Cuttlebug textile texture looks fabulous in white! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your MIL loved the card. I really like how you extend your layers with the nesti's. Beautiful! Seeing all your fruits & veggies made me hungry! lol:) Gorgeous view! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the way, those tomatoes and peppers are making me hungry! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!