Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Passage of Time

Green and closed - how amazing are those patterns?

My goodness, where does the time go?? Time is my friend, I embrace it, but sometimes it does rather zoom past me and I end up wondering what did I do with all that time?
Bees like sunflowers :) That's how they spend their time!

Naturally it has been filled with family, raising teens, work, settling into the school year with two high-schoolers, meals, groceries, crafts, soul collage meetings, reading, confirmation meetings, presidential debates, walks, lazy days, back-to-school night (and here I'm thankful that they are finally at the same school again, even if it's just for one year) ... all the usual stuff that time is spent on.
In the absence of fresh crafting projects and artistic endeavours to show you, here are some sunflower photos from the garden. Time has worked it's magic on the sunflowers, the petals have dried, the center blossoms are gone, and the seeds are revealed. I'm leaving them out there for the birds for a while, and will harvest some for next year's summer garden. How could you not like time when it works wonders like that?Hope your time is passing well and you're enjoying the changing of the seasons. Here in the USA it's Autumn, pretty much my favourite season, in Australia it's Spring and those wonderful wildflowers are abundant. What's happening in your corner of the world?

6 comments:

  1. Hello girl!!! I just love these photos!
    Ah time... it also has healing properties for heartaches.. well, maybe not healing how about numbing? Yeah, that's it!

    Hope life is going good for you.. Thanks for the margarita comment a week or so ago.. you lifted my spirits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures... I think there is some inspiration there for a card... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, love the way you can capture the details and colour so beautifully.

    That is cool about the jacca's being Aussie, most of us do think so, it was was only because this guy in grafton took a liking to them and started a trend that they became aussie, a bit like me adopted :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just droppin by to say hello. Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunflowers! Love the time lapse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!