
Stamp Credits: Stampin' Up!, Judikins (versamarked background),
Ranger Distress Stickles and fab white gel pen (Inksentials)
Ranger Distress Stickles and fab white gel pen (Inksentials)
Oh yes, another Bandana technique card - plenty more to come too - did I mention I'm OCD?? I'm having so much fun playing with this technique! I'm a great fan of tie-dye and batik fabrics, this strikes me as a fun blend of those two styles on paper - I'm hooked :) This seemed like a good opportunity to try out Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress Stickles - what a fun product! It has about three sizes of particles, the end effect is shimmery/pearly rather than glittery, the tube is larger to allow the big specks to get through - very fun stuff. This color is 'Scattered Straw' - looks nice and golden in a muted, shimmery way.
This card is for a friend who's recovering from a terrible horse-riding accident, I'll spare you the details, they aren't pretty. Just send good thoughts or prayers out into the ether for her if you're so inclined, her road to recovery will be long and has already been rocky. I mentioned my supervisor Beverly to you some time ago - just want to report that her bone marrow transplant has gone well, and she's recuperating at home - the best news possible. She has the most amazing spirit. She's under a lot of restrictions for diet, visitors, etc. - has to maintain a sterile environment as much as possible - but we're looking forward to springing her in February to celebrate a 'big' birthday (probably shouldn't publish that number here :).
This card is for a friend who's recovering from a terrible horse-riding accident, I'll spare you the details, they aren't pretty. Just send good thoughts or prayers out into the ether for her if you're so inclined, her road to recovery will be long and has already been rocky. I mentioned my supervisor Beverly to you some time ago - just want to report that her bone marrow transplant has gone well, and she's recuperating at home - the best news possible. She has the most amazing spirit. She's under a lot of restrictions for diet, visitors, etc. - has to maintain a sterile environment as much as possible - but we're looking forward to springing her in February to celebrate a 'big' birthday (probably shouldn't publish that number here :).
Photo Credit: Chris DoolittleI had planned to walk this weekend, at my usual fave spot on the coast, but the air was full of ash and smoke from the fires that are burning all around. More people to keep in your thoughts, so many have lost their homes or been evacuated from home and are living in shelters at the moment. The valiant fire fighters and emergency services are doing their best against rough odds, and some scummy individuals are going and looting the homes that have been evacuated - can you even imagine doing that?? If nothing else I'd be afraid of the horrendous Karma backlash, but I don't think thieves and looters consider the Karma connection too often (until it comes back to bite them ... maybe they don't get it even then?).
Wishing you a great week, steer clear of Karma disasters :)
Frightening!
ReplyDeleteI love your bandana technique card. I still haven't tried this but love the look.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your friend's accident.
I'm glad the bone marrow transplant went well. That is wonderful news.
The photograph is stunning, the fires horrendous. I've been reading about some of the devastation.
Oh mygosh... gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous card! I just noticed all the fine detail on the closeup!!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a horrid accident for your friend... I am very familiar with lots of horse accidents... (my sister in law had her face kicked in - her cheek bone collapsed - yuck)...
I pray your friend is doing better...
Really pretty card! Sorry to hear about your friend's horse accident. I agree with Daria ... the photo of the fires is stunning, although the fires themselves are horrible. Wishing you and yours the best!
ReplyDeleteSue, that fire photo is so scary!! Stay safe out there. I love the bandana car, too! I am new to this idea. Great stuff!
ReplyDeleteKeri