Stamp Credits: Darkroom Door (flower, border and text stamps),Judikins (background stamp) and Stampin' Up! (flourish and medallion)
Wow, election over, exciting times ahead - it's time to focus on the here-and-now and get back to some crafty stuff around here! Hmm, it's probably time to clean the house really, but this was SO much more fun :) I've been seeing great looking projects out there called 'Bandana Technique', so I took a moment today to look it up and find out what all the excitement's about. A Google search revealed Robin Beam's blog, and a link to an online video showing Robin demonstrating this technique for Ranger at the CHA show.
It's super fun and you probably have all the 'ingredients' at home already, I did, although it took a while rummaging around through utterly useless white gel pens to find one that worked for this purpose. I'm going to the Carson rubber stamping convention tomorow and although my budget is tight, and my shopping list is short, the new Ranger opaque white pen is now at the top of the list (and my list of things to LOOK at is endless :) I really loved using the Darkroom Door flowers for this technique, they are just perfect for it!
It's super fun and you probably have all the 'ingredients' at home already, I did, although it took a while rummaging around through utterly useless white gel pens to find one that worked for this purpose. I'm going to the Carson rubber stamping convention tomorow and although my budget is tight, and my shopping list is short, the new Ranger opaque white pen is now at the top of the list (and my list of things to LOOK at is endless :) I really loved using the Darkroom Door flowers for this technique, they are just perfect for it!

Stamp credits: Darkroom Door (large flower), SU! (small flower),
Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous (text), Kaisercraft bling
Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous (text), Kaisercraft bling
Hi Sue, these are very beautiful, I love the doodling!
ReplyDeleteThank-you very much for your good wishes on my blog, they are appreciated so much x I have had a massive clear-out of my stamps and bits and pieces, I still have a ton of stamps though :)
Hi, Sue! Love these cards. I've been thinking about trying Robin's Bandanna technique for a while. So, thanks for the inspiration and the link to the video!
ReplyDelete(Oh, and by the way, the name of that paint color is definitely unfortunate!)
Beautiful cards!! Love the cool techinque. I've been meaning to try it in one of my projects.
ReplyDeleteoh, what a pretty technique! I love your cards and the soft colors!
ReplyDeleteWow Sue, these are stunning! What a fabulous technique!
ReplyDelete