I voted, did you? The results are not in yet, I know who I voted for, I know who I think is going to win. Before results are in, I just want to say that both of the major contenders have strengths and weaknesses, what I love about this process is the fact that the average citizen becomes aware of the issues at stake, motivated to take part in the democratic process, and that no matter who is elected they will be held accountable by the people who elected them, balanced by those elected in supporting roles - it's not ALL about the President. History is being made!At our local polling place I always see people I know from the neighborhood - voting, working the polling place, being citizens. One of our neighbors is always working the event, and he's a great ambassador for democracy - cheerful, welcoming, informative, and an immigrant - he's from Scandinavia (I want to say Sweden, or is it Denmark? Sorry Leon, set me straight!). This year, be still my beating heart, one of my former girl scouts was working the event - not yet able to vote herself, Daniella totally MADE MY DAY by being there, in her school uniform, she represents hope for the future!
I went to vote after work, and took both of my teenagers with me - my daughter will be able to vote in the next presidential election, my son will have to wait for 2016. Voters totally win this year - if you're wearing your "I Voted" sticker Starbucks is giving away coffee, Ben & Jerry's free ice-cream, Krispy Kreme free donuts, but the whole point is - people are voting! We didn't go for freebies, just came home and are now watching the coverage to see how things are going.
Yes, there's a little election fever going on around here :) So, did you/do you vote?
I voted! I even got out early so I could do it before work instead of after. I will say that everyone is a LOT less crabby if you vote early, LOL! Usually everyone is so grouchy at night!
ReplyDelete:>
I love the pic on the post below. LOL. I voted absentee last week. I have to say it took some of the fun out of voting for me. I live in a small community and love the comaraderie of going to the polls. Many teens who were not old enough to vote yet worked the polls here too. Makes my heart swell with pride at what the future holds.
ReplyDelete