Sunday, November 02, 2008

OK, Now Vote!

I think no matter what country you're living in, you're probably aware that there's an election this week in the USA. You might also be aware that Saturday Night Live managed to get John McCain on last night, and he was a very good sport about the whole thing - I like the 'Double Maverick' idea Mr. McCain, going beserko can't hurt :) Tina Fey as Palin is spot-on, the whole thing's a riot. Here's a link to the Saturday Night Live election clips - you can watch them all from the first Tina Fey (Sarah Palin) and Amy Poehler (Hilary Clinton) sketch to the most recent. There's more coming, with another 2 hour special on election eve - if only the whole electoral process was this much fun!
Having asked everyone eligible to register, there's only one thing left to do - and that's to ask every registered voter to PLEASE get out there an vote on Tuesday, November 4. Just think, if you voted at least you can complain in good conscience when the wrong guy wins, taxes go up, healthcare is ridiculously expensive, and education leaves much to be desired - right?? Aren't you proud of me, I didn't even mention the war...

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about November 4th. I bet I won't be able to sleep tonight (or on Tuesday night). I'm planning to be the first in line tomorrow morning at my polling place. I have to try to be first in line, anyway, because I'll be late to work as it is. LOL! Seriously though, I think it's a great privilege to vote in the United States. Whoever we elect will have a huge impact, not only on the USA, but in the global arena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny story from your music! I used to work with the girl who was "Mary Tyler Moore" from the Weezer song! I always think of her when I hear this song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!