Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Trying Something New

Stamp credits: Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous
Ink and masks: TH for Ranger


I went to the Carson Rubber Stamp Convention this past weekend, great fun to see new stamps and related products, check out the latest trends on display, and to know that there are other obsessed stamping people out there (ah yes, validation, the best thing of all :). I had fun cruising the displays, and watching the amazing Tim Holtz in action. It's very fun to watch someone who has real passion for stamping, genuine creativity and an out-of-the-box approach to combining materials and images. As a consumer, it's great to have someone who really explores the practical side of designing stamping products - masks (they're self adhesive and less than $3.00!!), inks, stamps, tools - it's all good.

So, the card above is just noodling around with the masks, after watching Mr. Holtz demonstrate, time well spent :) I usually make my own masks using post-it notes or torn/cut paper, it was very fun using these ones because they have a re-usable adhesive so will stand up to repeat use, and being plastic won't wear out like paper masks do.

The sentiment on the card is all about being open to change, trying something new, risking safe to explore potential. How do you feel about trying something new? Hope you have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. I really love this technique and how your card turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is WONDERFUL!!! You are so lucky to be able to attend such a great show. Tim just did a great demo on his blog using the masks and I am sold...can't wait til I can pick up a few. I just used one I've had from Heidi Swap and loved the results. Looks like you purchased the same stamp set that I have as well. Love the cool TH stamps too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wanna go, I wanna go! You lucky duck you.

    I recently saw these masks at the LSS. I think for $3 I might have to take the leap. I like the fact they are clear. HS masks are black.

    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo-hooo! It sounds like you had fun, learned a lot, and came home with goodies! Love your new creation! Those masks sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool image, like what you did with the product and an oh so interesting quote you have used.

    The black on blue is a great colour combination. Thanks for giving us your eyewitness report from the stamping show. One can never have too many stamps or inks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Sue!
    I just love the TH Masks - bought a whole bunch of them the other day! OMG - how lucky are you to see Tim in real life at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is all about being open to change and adjustment, isn't it?

    (G'day from Australia!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Sue!!! Can't wait to get some of those masks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Sue! I'm so coming with you to Carson soon :) !!! Must get some of Mr Holtz's masks - they look so cool! BTW have given you an award (you know you don't have to play if you don't want to :) K xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was at Carson too! Too bad we didn't know each other to have met up! I try to go to each show but I do miss one now and then! Love to watch Tim as well as so many others. LOVE your card - it turned out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is an amazing technique. I love how it turned out. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!!!! What a great day you had!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!