

As promised some photos of quilts displayed at the show - I've tried to show detail too because you could almost think these creations are paintings, then close up you can see the texture and fabulous detail that goes into each one - I was awestruck. The detail of the stitching, the choice of fabrics used, some have beading and embellishment, just amazing.

Our little quilting group is still battling away to get our quilt ready for the fundraiser in August. For me, piecing the top was pure fun, and quilting the layers together is much harder work! We're doing it ALL by hand, so machine quilting is starting to fascinate me to an almost unhealthy degree :)

Most of these quilts are landscape/art quilt style, but some of them also have traditional blocks combined with the freedom of building a landscape with fabric and stitching. I'm fascinated by the play of light that people manage to capture in these quilts.

The scene below is actually five individual panels hung together. There were a couple of these panel quilts, each panel made by an individual member of a group, hung together they form a scene, each member will take home their own panel. What a cool idea, although I think I'd want to get together with the group now and then to see the panels together again, a little 'quilt family reunion'.

The Lewis and Clark quilt (below) is fabulous, again that combo of traditional pieces in the border and a mixture of freestyle and formal in the scene (the water is square blocks). I love the way the scene spills out into the border, and some of the details in there like the little book, beaded baskets of food, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!


We have a quilting bee this weekend to try to finalize the quilting on our blocks and get a large chunk of the borders quilted for the Retreat Center quilt - I'll try to get some photos of it. The quilting process certainly changes the character of the quilt, it's a great deal of fun to see it evolve.
Thanks for dropping by! Are you working on a project right now?
Wow! These are just fabulous Sue! I'd so love to see them close up.
ReplyDeleteWOW, those are fabulous! it is truly amazing to see how a quilter can catch even the light reflection in the details. Drool worthy! Thanks for sharing the photos!
ReplyDeleteWow, aren't those incredible?! I'd be more inclined to call them 'art' than quilts! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I'm working on a couple quilts, too. Posted pics last night.
ReplyDeletehave a good weekend~!
Sue, I came here looking for your links to challenges. What a treat to see these glorious quilts. I just sent a link to one of my sisters who is a quilter. She's going to love these. I just keep looking and looking at them.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I usually turn down the volume when I visit sites with music. Yours I just turn it up. LOL.
Thanks.
Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. I really enjoyed visiting yours and those landscape quilts were amazing. I also love the work you've done here. Great stuff!
ReplyDeleteHello from France !
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your comment on my cards on Darkroom Door blog :)
Holy buckets! These are AMAZING! I quilt, but I just piece blocks together. I can't even imagine the work that goes into one of these quilts!
ReplyDeleteHi, Sue! Prospurring from Two Peas here! Love these quilts! They are GORGEOUS! True works of art. Thanks for sharing them with us! :-)
ReplyDeletewow! I'm speechless seeing these gorgeous creations!
ReplyDeleteLove 1,4&5 the most. Fortunately, I'm not into quilting...yet. :P
ReplyDeleteI can thank Jen too... for her leading you to me... and now me to you. I think I botched that - you know what I mean, right? Right.
ReplyDeleteI've seen the Lewis & Clark quilt. It's amazing. One of the most fantastic quilts I've ever seen. Maybe even THE most fantastic. Love all the assorted applications too (you described it much better then I).