What have I been doing? I could tell you, but then I'd have to...well, you know :) In fact nothing too major, just lots of little things that add up, most of which I can't show you yet. I sent out some ATCs to Australia for a swap with Darkroom Door designers and afficionados, it'll be great fun to see what arrives back in the mailbox. I've put together a package of secret-stuff for a 'Secret Sister' swap, once again I'll be staking out the mailbox to see what comes back to me, it certainly beats bills and junk mail.
The journal pages above have pockets and folders for top secret information, the one at the top has tags with 'secret' quotes. Inbetween inky stuff I've been trying to clean up a little at home, along with the usual laundry and pedestrian duties of day to day home-ownership. Oh, and no, I'm NOT into 'The Secret' it's just that most of the quotes on the tags start with 'the secret', and yes, I did get a bit carried away with the flourishes ... sometimes more is more, KWIM?
I recently started going to a 'Soul Collage' group. When I was invited to join the group I had to check out Soul Collage online, I'd never heard of it! Turns out it's an interesting mix of collage and self exploration, creative therapy really in a card collection format - how perfect for me :) So far we've met a few times and I think it's going to be a really interesting experience. These cards (below) are the beginning of my card deck - the Witness card, Source card, and Death card. They might evolve a bit as we go along, but for now they are what they are.
I recently started going to a 'Soul Collage' group. When I was invited to join the group I had to check out Soul Collage online, I'd never heard of it! Turns out it's an interesting mix of collage and self exploration, creative therapy really in a card collection format - how perfect for me :) So far we've met a few times and I think it's going to be a really interesting experience. These cards (below) are the beginning of my card deck - the Witness card, Source card, and Death card. They might evolve a bit as we go along, but for now they are what they are.

Our houseguest Emily is joining us again today and takes off for Jolly Olde England on Wednesday night. She and Molly have fun telling everyone they're sisters/cousins, one with her British accent and one with her California accent - it's a Parent Trap kinda thing :)
Have a good week!
Sue, I LOVE the flourishes and the idea of having 'secrets' tucked into the pages of your journal. I'll have to look more deeply into the Soul Collages online. I'm also involved in a similar swap. It's about "defining yourself." It is good to take introspection, once in a while. Getting in touch with what makes us tick is a great platform for helping us develop creatively.
ReplyDeleteNever too many flourishes. Gorgeous pages. I love the idea of soul collage. Your beginnings are amazing.
ReplyDeleteHi Sue,
ReplyDeleteI love your black & white Secrets & Soul art. Also, maybe I will receive one of your Darkroom Door atc's.
Btw, I don't think you can ever have too many flourishes.. lol
LOVE the Top Secret journal and there certainly are not too many flourishes!! The Soul Collage cards sound interesting too. Liked hearing that you just read the same book - did you read his other one. I am sure you find it at least as good!
ReplyDeleteLove the secret messages. My DD's would love this! Very beautiful too!
ReplyDeleteReally cool stuff, Sue! I like the secret pages a lot.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea to tuck the journalling into secret pockets. Sometimes I never add journalling for fear of people reading it.
ReplyDeleteYour Soul Collage group sounds so fun.
Sue, these are brilliant!
ReplyDelete(ok, I admit, I'm always repeating myself, when it comes to your art!) The truth, these are...well brilliant...those cards...WOWSERS!! Sounds like such a fun group, I'll look forward to seeing more of these!
ps. I like the flourishes!
And I totally love my pages and my goodies.
ReplyDeleteSo I guess the secret it out of the bag just like the cat.
Hugs and big thank yous.
Love this!
ReplyDeleteBlessings and love to you,
Tonya
Hi, Sue! I really like the three cards you made and posted. I have also been thinking of using a tree on my Source card. I guess I'll have to wait and see what evolves! :-)
ReplyDelete