Friday, August 22, 2008

Sparkle and Smiles

Everyone needs a little sparkle in their life, right? Especially someone who's going through lousy chemo treatments. My wonderful supervisor Beverly is fighting the good fight, she has lymphoma and now has to have some extraordinarily rough treatments to try to blast it out of her bod. Our team at work has been trying to send cheer packages to make her smile here and there. Even on her worst day Bev is a smiler, she always finds the funny in any given situation. The card above is to go into the next smile package, I think we're all going to work together on a hand crafted project for Bev next week.

I watercolored some background papers to stamp over. Seeking the extra shimmer I added some of this cool irridescent medium after the watercolors had dried - ooh, me likey! You can't really see the shimmer in the photos of the cards, but you can see it on the paper towel I used to prevent shimmer on my counter tops :) Then I stamped the image over the sparkle and trimmed to fit the scalloped frame. That fabulous stamp is from Stampers Anonymous, I've had it forever and never tire of using it.My favorite rainbow ribbon seemed like the perfect mate for the watercolored pieces. I made a couple of extra images in case one didn't work, but they all worked! Ribbon bumps are no good for international mail though, so I made a slimmer version to send with an ATC to the Netherlands. And now that I had an extra piece left I tried it with a green background, I do love green. So, three variations on a theme, and three smiles ready for sending out.
I believe in the power of prayer, so please if you pray include Beverly in your prayer list. If you don't pray, perhaps you could just send some positive thoughts out into the ether on her behalf.

Hope you're smiling today :)

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully thoughtful and caring friend you are. I love everything you created and that shimmer is such a wonderful touch. I know it would certainly make me smile! Hope you have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, First of all I also believe in prayer, and I know Jesus is the king and can heal, even know sometimes He does not, I still don't mind asking. I also wanted to let you know about the Lydia project, they send free home made gift bags full of goodies, to patients getting active chemo or treatment, nanasnotes.blogspot.com has the link or you can pmail me for it. Also, I would love to send a card, if it's okay! Thanks. Dawn (3bmom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the image you used for this card. What a lovely sentiment and little reminder. It is hard to breathe when facing such difficult days. I'll keep your friend Beverly in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue= I'm certainly sending prayers to Bev. The card is lovely, as are your words and actions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Susie Q! This is really cool! I will keep Bev in my prayers. I must ask where you got the iridescent medium? That is too cool! I have sansador in that brand from Michael's. Maybe they have it there? Also, Where did you find the rainbow ribbon? Email me or post on my blog to LMK. Thanks SO MUCH!!
    Appreciate your blog visits and you kind words for Omi.
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Sue. Your so thoughtful! I hope you don't mind, I gave you an I heart your blog award. See my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sue. It makes me so sad to read about your friend's battle. I hope she WINS against this dreadful disease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, Sue, you and your team are a Godsend. How wonderful it is of you to make another person's day bright and cheerful, especially when they're going through a tough time! Thanks for sharing about the iridesent medium. I think I may have to go out and get some of that, also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thinking positive thoughts for your friend :) Well, something else to add to my list, this gorgeous stuff? Beautiful effect! Did you get it from your cousins? I am thinking it's the kind of thing they sell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "Breathe" stamp! It is gorgeous. And your cards are so lovely. I like it paired with the Textile and Divine Swirls Cuttlebug backgrounds. The sheer rainbow ribbon is perfect, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are wonderful and I love your card. It is amazing how much hope lots of love can foster!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!