Monday, November 24, 2008

Bill Clinton Called Me! ... and other crazy phone calls.

Rachel at Darkroom Door is hosting an ATC swap, so these girls are somewhere in Australia ready for swapping out. The challenge was to use the Photobooth Ladies for the cards, and though I started out planning to put them all in little ATC houses, they ended up being blooms instead. That's what I like about swaps and challenges, your creative brain takes over and you end up following the path that you land on, rather than the one on the original map - uncharted territory.
Stamp credits: Darkroom Door - Full Bloom Volume 2
Photobooth Ladies, Kaisercraft bling diamante

As you can see I was fully in the grip of dotty bandana madness at this point, and it found it's way into the cards as a sort of ghost bandana or reverse bandana, something like that. Oh the bandana madness isn't over yet, it's just that the fever has broken :)

Has it been a while since you actually enjoyed opening your mailbox? Sick of bills and junk mail? Join in a postal swap with friends - guaranteed fun in your mailbox! If you're not arty or crafty, how about just agreeing to send each other postcards? It's so nice to find a piece of personal mail, hand addressed, instead of all that preprinted junkola that rolls in on a regular basis. My next mailbox project is a holiday secret sister assignment - now THAT's postal fun!

Speaking of junk mail, there's nothing quite like an election to generate a rain-forest destroying chunk of junk mail. The mailbox was swamped every day with a ton of dictatorial 'vote yes/no on this issue' and whining 'if you don't vote yes/no on this issue...' followed by a grim outlook on whatever the issue was and how you'll suffer terribly if you don't obey the junk mail. The most hilarious part of major elections for me is the amazing and wonderful voice mail that comes in, I forget about it until another election rolls around it happens all over again. There I am in the kitchen, playing back a week's worth of voice junk-mail (the phone is SO not my thing), and suddenly I hear "Hi, this is Bill Clinton" - ha ha, yep, it's him alright. This year it was Bill, and Danny Glover, calling to urge me to vote yes/no on their chosen issue du jour. I do love those calls. I think my favorite year though, was the one when Clint Eastwood and Arnie Schwarzenegger called, those were some crazy phone messages. Only in California :) Go ahead punk, make my day!

5 comments:

  1. LOL about the phone calls!

    Those Ladies are sitting right here and looking even more lovely in real life!!! Can't wait to swap them back out and send them back to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue! Love your ATC cards for the swap! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that's hilarious! I can't believe celebrities call you at election time! I wish they did that here! :)
    Love your ATC's too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ATC's are lovely! I love the vibe I get from them--I miss swapping ATC's and I think you are doing wonderful things with the Darkroom Door team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky enough to have been swapped one of these awesome ATC'c and of course it looks even more wonderful in real life. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!