Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tagalicious! (The latest reason my house is not clean and/or tidy)

In the process of 'cleaning up' - yeah, I didn't get very far - I found fun stuff to play with pretty much right away, so HAD to stop said 'cleaning up' in order to play with the fun stuff I found :) I know, I should be dutifully tidying, cleaning, purging junk - but isn't it much more fun to play with the junk instead? So, I found my craft sheet, purchased many years ago and almost a virgin, lots of distress ink, an old package of tags, Ranger misters, and my mojo - wahoo!I decided to make a bunch of tag backgrounds and then let them turn into whatever they were meant to be over time. Odd really, that having gone on a tag making rampage, I should later go online and find that Tim Holtz is also gearing up for another tag bonanza. If you missed last year's 12 tags of Christmas you have to check them out, and then get ready for this year's version.
Ironically, I stuffed up one of my favourite backgrounds right away - I was working on another project and dropped an ink pad on the tag I had left lying in close proximity, not a good plan, well, not planned at all as it happens. Do you see the fabulous ink-pad-shaped blot on the tag above? Who could miss it?
What better opportunity to use the 'embrace imperfection' stamp? Yeah, I stuffed that up too :) Some tearing, inking and distressing later I'm actually pretty happy with the result. I spritzed the flower and the tag with Glimmer Mist, naturally I cannot capture that adequately with the camera, but trust me, the whole thing has this lovely shimmery glittery look :)So as a recovering perfectionist, or in truth as a hopelessly compulsive but somewhat more self-aware perfectionist than I used to be, I do urge you to embrace imperfection - because it happens anyway, whether you embrace it or not!

Stamp credits: Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous
Ranger/Tim Holtz - inks, masks; Prima flower; TAZO tea tag


Um, can you tell I was drinking chai tea as I worked on this? Grab whatever you have on hand and put it on your project :)

10 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I really like the finished one.

    Finally figured out how to leave a comment. So I am not just a lurker anymore.

    Hugs
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out just great Sue! Great colours. I am going to try to take a leaf out of your book and not either rip up or bin the next project that doesn't go to plan! Looking forward to Tim's tags (my 'mate' Tim hehe!) hugs K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just radiates fun. Lovely results. I am all about embracing imperfection these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, we really were on the same wave length here. It's a great technique -- and your tag turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags all of them and I the finished one turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your beautiful tags!!! Great idea for correcting the tag too!! I am so jazzed about Tim's 12 days challenge and look forward to getting some added inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sue! Love the inky tags! They are so much fun to make aren't they? Yours turned out fabulously! And I especially like the "embrace imperfection" one!

    By the way, I have selected you for an award today on my blog. Just click through my name to see it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue..these tags are gorgeous. I have lots of tags just sitting around waiting to be put to use. Now I want to go play :) Your tags are so inspiring...love them!

    p.s. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post. Your tags are so rich and warm, love them. Most especially love the serendipity of your finished tag. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, it's yummy! I'm glad you flubbed it up! I love all those tags they are so rich and interesting. I know they are destined for greatness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!