Friday, December 05, 2008

Holiday Movie Madness

Despite all evidence to the contrary I really don't have holiday madness, I guess I'm trying to get myself in the right frame of mind to deal with the holidays because they come whether I'm ready or not :) The current music playlist is part of my holiday strategy, I do love funky, punky, bluesy, swing holiday music. Another key ingredient is to see a few holiday movies, even if they are just on in the background while I do whatever it is that has to be done. Here are some of my favorite holiday flicks:Love Actually A Brit flick, great cast, good music, laughter, tears, heart-warming and a little heart-breaking too.A Christmas Story Laugh out loud funny, retro, possibly the best lamp ever known to man ("it's a major award!", "it's fra-jee-lay"), some of the best holiday movie quotes of all time. People seem to love it or hate it, I happen to love it, dearly.National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Well, what can I say, it's just full of frightful and yet lovable characters - the horrors of the holiday - pressure to make it fit our 'perfect holiday' visions, visitors, family, oh what a family, and those great Griswold illuminations :)
The Holiday I just saw this for the first time a few weeks ago. Trans-Atlantic, sweet, romantic, totally predictable, but again it has a great cast and some very fun characters, good music, it's the way things SHOULD happen sometimes. The sub-plot about the elderly Hollywood writer totally makes the movie.
It's A Wonderful Life You just can't have a holiday without at least one black and white flick, and this would be the one for me. It's long, it's sappy, but it's a total classic and I can't resist it :)

So do you have a favorite seasonal movie that sets the mood for you? Do share, which holiday movies have the power to make you take a seat and drift away from the here and now for a while?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit and the comment.

    I haven't seen a couple of movies on your list, but will make amends over the Christmas break!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found you through a mutual blogger, Gaal Creative. Interesting site you have here! Oh yes, I am a big movie buff and I really enjoy the original "The Bishop's Wife", "A Christmas Story", as well as "The Santa Clause" (the original), as well as Patrick Stewart's "A Christmas Carol."
    LOVE the playlist! LOL...

    I hope you have the merriest of holidays!
    Candace (Eyecandy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. check, check, and check! Love 'em all and will be watching again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of movie suggestions. We still don't see the holiday story out here. But can recommend Shrek Christmas we saw that one last year when we were over and had a total laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I do love Christmas story--cracks me up every time! We watched Elf last night--I love how silly and goofy it is with such a sweet, happy ending! When Santa's sleigh got off the ground from the Christmas Spirit, it brought tesrs to my eyes! (yes--I'm such a sap, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have very similar tastes in movies. Love Actually is way up there on my list along with It's a Wonderful Life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wandering by, I love to hear from you!